Screw Big Oil Forums and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Button Exchange

Welcome to the forums pages of Screw Big Oil. This is your chance to discuss politics, high gas prices, or current events.

McCain Suspends Campaign

2 posters

Go down

McCain Suspends Campaign Empty McCain Suspends Campaign

Post  nazman Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Today John McCain suspended his campaign to go back to Washington to help solve this bailout thing. Fridays debate is on hold and he invited Obama to Washington to help. The Bush camp also urges both to come and help. We are still awaiting an Obama response.

Now to the fun part.

Score 2 points for JM. As a new ABC poll came out today showing he is 9 points behind, mostly because of the economic crisis, he is proving (with calculated risk) that the country comes first to him... not the presidency. It doesn't matter what party you support here, you have to admit it was a good political move. BO's people had to be sitting there ,"Why didn't we think of this". By invited BO he is showing he willing to cross party lines and attack an issue on everybody's mind.

How does BO respond? He didn't think of it... but he has to find a way to spin it. JM's team is going to exploit this hard. JM aslo made it clear he was going after the Clinton Conference (again crossing lines) Question If he gets elected and does this maybe something will get done... or will he revert to party lines after it.

Just a note, I disagree with both candidates on the bail out plan and will show an alternative in another post.
nazman
nazman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://screwbigoil.net

Back to top Go down

McCain Suspends Campaign Empty Re: McCain Suspends Campaign

Post  bleuze Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 am

McCain = America First
Obama = Presidency First (he's been running for it all his life)

As for the bailout, the government should take over on a temporary basis and force an open auction type sale. Freddie and Fannie should be broken down into several companies so that the non paying loans can be spread out . This should be done first since they got the current mess started first
bleuze
bleuze
High School
High School

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-20

http://www.remedyguidance.com/obama.html

Back to top Go down

Post  nazman Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Great idea for the Mac's. I agree. I think this whole thing is a lot more complicated than a blank check. Obama showed up with JM, and regardless of views it is refreshing to see them working together. As much as I am glad JM took the initiative here, both are about being Prez. BO did a very good CNN interview tonight that when afforded the opportunity he didn't take shot or point blame. Win or lose, both have a lot to contribute to this country. I think most know where I stand, but I will give credit where it is due. McCain needs to be the unifying force in this crisis to gain from it. I think deep down he really doesn't want this blank check, but he is being forced by the powers to be to do something... even if we all know it isn't right. I did like McCain working so hard today for both sides, but as of yet there is nothing resolved... sort of like this congress in the last 2 years.
nazman
nazman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://screwbigoil.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down