Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Button Exchange

Welcome to the forums pages of Screw Big Oil. This is your chance to discuss politics, high gas prices, or current events.

I would come here

Go down

I would come here

Post  shevot on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:39 am

The immigration debate is very sensitive to us all. But one thing I know for sure, if I wasn't born here, I would try to get here as quickly as I could. How many of us can really say that we wouldn't. There is so much opportunity here and we give everyone a chance to grasp that opportunity. I saw a bumper sticker a few weeks ago that surprised me: "I wasn't born in America - but I got here as fast as I could." I live in Texas and we always see those that say I wasn't born in Texas...But to see one that said America was a great testament what a great place this is. People are risking life and limb, and leaving their loved ones behind, to be apart of this great nation. This post isn't about the immigration debate one way or another. I have my views and they may be more liberal than most, but I just wanted to express my understanding as to why.
shevot
shevot
High School
High School

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-17

View user profile http://www.thechatterroom.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I would come here

Post  nazman on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm

I agree, it is an emotional hot topic that nearly everyone has an opinion on. I do agree and understand why people want to come here. Who wouldn't? Compared to the daily wages in most country (if they can find work) and working conditions in most... why would you want to stay. What we call sweat shops are good jobs in many countries as people work for dimes on the hour. I will not put my political view here, but I will say "I understand". I am a son of immigrants that ran for freedom, but that still does not state my entire view. I do know that for many the thought of freedom is too great to stay oppressed.
nazman
nazman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://screwbigoil.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bleuze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:15 am

I will state that if it is legal, that's fine. Afterall, the list is long and in some countries you need to wait. As for illegals, they are invaders. And you know what should be done with invaders?
I live in an area just South of Los Angeles and a few years back a policeman was fired for chasing an illegal in a car down the freeway.
This also touches home since my wife waited over 30 years to become a citizen. During that time we paid our taxes, purchased homes and rentals and our kids went to school. The government kept losing her papers including her test papers for citzenship. In addition, when the kids were young (very young) we traveled to Canada 3 times just to re-enter the country (my wife's port of entry) since the government would lose those papers as well!
In my area, many people speak Chinese. I could drop dead in the store (my wife is Chinese) and the people would walk over me.
bleuze
bleuze
High School
High School

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-20

View user profile http://www.remedyguidance.com/obama.html

Back to top Go down

Post  shevot on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:26 am

bleuze wrote:I will state that if it is legal, that's fine. Afterall, the list is long and in some countries you need to wait. As for illegals, they are invaders. And you know what should be done with invaders?
I live in an area just South of Los Angeles and a few years back a policeman was fired for chasing an illegal in a car down the freeway.
This also touches home since my wife waited over 30 years to become a citizen. During that time we paid our taxes, purchased homes and rentals and our kids went to school. The government kept losing her papers including her test papers for citzenship. In addition, when the kids were young (very young) we traveled to Canada 3 times just to re-enter the country (my wife's port of entry) since the government would lose those papers as well!
In my area, many people speak Chinese. I could drop dead in the store (my wife is Chinese) and the people would walk over me.
Illegal is illegal. We have laws in this country that must be abided by whether or not they are convenient or easy; that I agree with. If I hadn't seen the perspective from the other side I would probably be inclined to feel the way most people do about the issue.
I live in Texas and its hard not to see the "invasion" of immigrants and not feel angry and resentful. But my anger and resentment is directed towards elected officials that can't seem to find a way to control the influx. If you can't stop something, you have to regulate it, IMO.
shevot
shevot
High School
High School

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-17

View user profile http://www.thechatterroom.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down